Building Strong Girls into Stronger Women
Mor Girls with Goals wants to spread our message of hope and compassion for at risk and inter-city youth girls. We believe that a single action can make a difference in the community and that collective action can greatly impact the world. Through advocacy and outreach activities our team works tirelessly to contribute their part to rehabilitating and empowering our girls.
WHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit organization rooted in the belief that all girls have infinite potential and that their socio-economic status should not stifle it. We are for girls growing into strong women, achieving their goals, and breaking glass ceilings. By giving girls the tools they need to overcome obstacles in their life, a support system and a connection with a group of like-minded individuals is imperative for any goal or dream to be fulfilled. Our organization is open to girls ages 7-24 years old.
Mor Girls with Goals objective is to change and shape the lives of at risk youth girls. With monthly activities such as workshops, training, and group discussions we aim to show our young ladies that the road to success starts with themselves and build them up from the inside out.
At Mor Girls with Goals, we are dedicated to stepping up our efforts in addressing this issue. Advocacy is by no means an easy task, but through cooperation and community empowerment we believe we can facilitate progress in this area. We are always striving to make a difference and invite you to learn more and lend your support.
Our goal is to promote and create great opportunities. With access to the right resources, girls can become empowered by their own abilities and gain the confidence to fulfill their potential. We aim to provide mentorship, academic counseling, career readiness workshops and financial literacy. Learn more about our work by getting in touch with our team today.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
We aim to teach our girls about nutrition, exercise, self-care, hygiene, stress management, mental health and amongst many other things. Understanding their bodies and how it works is the key to a lifetime of abundance of health. Yoga and mediation are also skills used widely throughout our organization.
“I will find light in the darkness
I will see sun after the rain
I will give out positivity and receive it in return
I will move about life in a productive way and not be influenced by peer pressure
I will rise and not fall
I will stand and not sit
I will be the head and not the tail
For greatness is within me and I will be great”
-MOR Girls with Goals Pledge
by Morgan Linson
Destination Impact trip
July 13th - July 21st 2023
PROFESSIONAL CAREER DAY
GIRLS WITH VISION
DEC 28TH 2019
- Sat, Apr 29Stevenson Park
- Sat, Feb 11Dolphin Park
- Sat, Jan 28Mills Park inside the Recreation room
- Sat, Oct 221054 S Olive St
- Sat, Jul 16Hemingway ParkJul 16, 2022, 10:00 AM – Jul 17, 2022, 4:00 PMHemingway Park, 700 E Gardena Blvd, Carson, CA 90746, USAThis event will be a meet and greet for all the old and new members of Mor Girls with Goals. We will be celebrating summer and coming back together again. This event is for girls 7-18 years old, as well as our college girls 18-24. There will be age appropriate activities for everyone.
- Sat, Mar 26Stevenson Park
- Mon, Nov 01Online (ZOOM) code 858 410 9520Nov 01, 2021, 6:00 PMOnline (ZOOM) code 858 410 9520Covid had really changed our activities and monthly meeting…. But we are about to start back strong!In the meantime, we wanted to check in with everyone!!! Just download ZOOM and log in with the code 858 410 9520. First meeting is 7pm for ages 7-14 ~ 8pm for 15 & up. Passcode is 9X8iNT
- Sat, Sep 18The Miracle TheaterSep 18, 2021, 11:30 AM – 3:00 PM PDTThe Miracle Theater, 226 S Market St, Inglewood, CA 90301, USAIn just 2 years, Mor Girls with Goals continued to be resilient, steadfast and diligent in impact all girls involved. Every new year is a opportunity to excel and become greater than the year before. We invite all out who would like to be apart of our organization!!!
- Sat, Aug 07Kenneth Hahn State Recreation AreaAug 07, 2021, 11:00 AMKenneth Hahn State Recreation Area, 4100 S La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90056, USACOLLEGE GIRLS WITH GOALS is a spin-off from Mor Girls with Goals. The purpose is to help girls navigate purposefully through college, take the correct courses, learn on to remain focus, minimize distractions, prioritize time, utilize resources, manage money, etc. For ages 17-24 years old.
- Sun, Jun 13Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Fri, May 21Prom
- Sun, Dec 27ZOOM (Meeting ID 789 7382 8807)
- Sat, Sep 26341 N La Brea AveSep 26, 2020, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM341 N La Brea Ave, 341 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USACome join us to celebrate our One Year Anniversary. We are so proud of how resilient and strong you all have been during these rough times..... We see you!!!! This event is to celebrate you. This event is RSVP only. Parents are welcome to attend. However, the parent must also register.
- Fri, Aug 21Location provided closer to date
- Sat, Feb 08Stevenson Park
- Sat, Feb 01Mills Memorial ParkFeb 01, 2020, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PMMills Memorial Park, 1340 E Dimondale Dr, Carson, CA 90746, USAGrab your transcripts and your SAT/ACT scores and lets goooooo!!!! This event is for girls 13-17 years old. This is a prefect opportunity for High school juniors and seniors to meet one on one with TOP HBCUs and variety of other colleges and universities... and get answers right on the spot!!!
- Sat, Dec 28Hemingway Park
- Sat, Nov 16Dolphin Park